Wednesday, September 30, 2009

in 10 days....

In 10 days I marry my love! I can't believe it's soooo close, just around the corner....2 years ago in November Erin proposed and now we get married in 10 days! We might have been engaged for 2 years, however we have only been planning this wedding for 6 months. It just started to come together at just the right moment. When I got home from TX last January we started looking at our options and everything just fell into place! I have to say that 6 months to plan this wedding has been a blessing. I haven't been able to change my mind on anything....too much. :o) I have had to make decisions and stick to them. Also with the economy I have done a lot of DIY projects and saved us a lot of money, but it's not going to look cheap!

Tomorrow we get our marriage license, have a final meeting at Confluence Park to finalize details. Then we are done...well I am. :o) Well we have to make the favors - but that is planned for next Thursday.

I can't wait! My goal for next week is to just enjoy this moment in our life. Yes I'm having minor freak outs...every bride does. I'm worrying that someone will show up that didn't RSVP. I am also big on planning and being on time. That is going to be my biggest obstacle. I'm trying to plan out every second of the wedding day....but I know in my head that I can't. I'm working on getting over that. :o)

I'm going to try to post a budget of our wedding. I just want to show others that you can have a nice, simple, elegant wedding for less than you might expect. Also, if you take your time you can make some DIY elements that don't look DIY....you just need a patient mind and a great friend who happens to be a graphic designer. :o) Thanks Jen!

Also, I know that yesterday I said I wasn't going to change the look of my blog until after we were married. However, I just couldn't wait. I put pictures of Lexi in, but when we get some wedding pictures, I'll replace them. :o)

Just 10 more days!! I can't wait to be Mrs. Erin McFall!!

2 comments:

Sweet Little Lovings said...

YAY! I am so excited for you guys! :o) I am so glad to be a part of your big day!
I got my shoes today too so I won't be barefoot. :oP Now we just need to book our room or we're gonna have to sleep in our car...

Sara said...

I want to see pics of your shoes! :)

Post a Comment