Tuesday, September 29, 2009

new dinner

I hate being stuck in the kitchen cooking dinner when Erin gets home from work. I just want to be able to sit and hang out with him. Therefor, I'm always looking for easy meals that I can prepare during the day and then just throw into the oven when he gets home. Also, this means the dishes are done before hand too. This is my most recent new meal -
Fiesta Chicken Casserole -- This is my halved and slightly altered version since I'm only cooking for 2. The full recipe is here - it's a Campbell's recipe.

Ingredients:
1 refrigerated pie crust
1/2 a jar of chunky salsa
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup cheddar cheese (I used mexican)
1/2 lb chicken - cooked

I seasoned the chicken in taco seasoning and then cooked it in a skillet.
While that cooked I mixed the sour cream, soup, salsa, and cheese together.
I then added the cooked chicken after I cut it up.
Then I placed it into a 9x9 baking dish and kept it in the fridge.
When Erin got home I took the pie crust out and let it stand for 15 min. I then placed them over the mixture, trimmed, and cut slits in the top.
Then baked at 400 degrees for about 30 min - until crust is golden brown.


Also, I'm working on my new header/background! I can't wait to put it up. It's going to be done after we get married and I have some wedding pictures to put up. 11 days!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment