Sunday, July 12, 2009

getting organized....

Well it's 3 months until our wedding day, so it's time to get organized. Well more organized. :o)
First off I'm getting the invite list together and I think I'm done. I did everything by hand yesterday morning and freaked out. I had a count of 181 people, that's including kids and such. I then talked to my mom and she told me the people would would say no for sure and that put me down to about 130. Not bad, we are shooting for 120. Then today I put everything in Excel and well I can't count. It auto-summed for me 164 people. I was WAY off! I think I just counted the second page twice. So I'm way less stressed! I am even thinking we can allow the singles to bring a guest now. Who knows.
Second...I'm trying to figure out how to do the whole invitation thing. I knew it would be slightly complicated, there are a lot of rules....it's more complicated than I thought! There are so many different opinions out there. I'm going to rely on Martha Stewart Weddings. :o) I think I have some handle on things now. 
Who knows though. Speaking of Martha she has a new wedding magazine out...I want to get it! But I don't need it. I don't need to buy wedding magazines again. Sadness. 

Exciting things this week...
1. I am finally ordering our guest book and getting a free one for Jen, since she made it. :o) We had unexpected expenses last week, but I can get it this week! :O)
2. My shoes should arrive at Von Maur this week. Lets hope they fit and are comfortable. 
3. We are going to go see the new Harry Potter movie. Erin is REALLY excited. Going Thursday night with his brother and wife. 
4. Might start getting some wedding favor things.
5. Possibly get our rings engraved.
6. Get brown card stock for Jen.

I think that's it. It's been a uneventful weekend. Which is fine with me. :o) Erin has tomorrow off so we have big plans! UPS and Meijers. :oP

0 comments:

Post a Comment