Wednesday, July 22, 2009

rehearsal dinner -- part 50


Good bye pretty invites....you are now wasted paper and hard work down the drain....

I don't know how many rehearsal dinner posts I've made over the past few months - but I know there have been a lot! We get an idea, I research and price it, we get all excited about it, then when it's time to tell Erin's mom about it - it's like pulling teeth to get an ok for it. I'm so over it - it's not funny. It's the only factor that isn't planned and I NEED it planned! 
Again, we had an idea, finally got an ok - Jen even designed invites, I printed them, put backing on them, and even put them in envelopes! The mess up was finally not Erin's mom saying a half hearted maybe - it was Confluence Park - which is my other annoyance...but I'm not getting into it.
Something snapped and I said forget it! I also made a decision I'm sure I will regret...It's now Hoggy's at my in-laws and anyone is invited....meaning it will now be Erin's family, my parents/grandma and wedding party. The food, price, and location are great. You can't go wrong with BBQ, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, brownies, and cookies...there is a salad in there somewhere...plus a man basement for the boys. :oP 
I think what I'm going to regret is the people...it's not intimate and small anymore. It's probably going to be close to 40 people now. But we finally had an uncontested no and excitement from Erin's mom - that's just better than pulling teeth. I just keep telling myself that it's the wedding day that is important to me - that's the day that will go MY way. 
Also, the wedding party has an option to pull out of the dinner, I would understand too. I think they will all come though - it's free food. :oP

Why do I feel like I made a big mistake?  

2 comments:

Sweet Little Lovings said...

I'm sorry hun!

I do think however, that she is being a bit selfish. THe rehearsal dinner is for your closest friends and immediate family to thank them for being a part of your day...not a family get together where you catch up on everything...BUT thats just what I think.

Either way, your wedding day is going to be perfect!

Sara said...

I agree with you. But, I'm tired of fighting it. This came with strings attached though...we now aren't available for anything during the day Friday - if she plans a lunch or something. We are also absolutely not avail Saturday night if she again plans something....

Erin and I are toying with the idea of a wedding party get together here at our place late afternoon on Friday. Just hanging out and relaxing before the rehearsal. We just need to make sure everyone would be in town first.

Post a Comment