Saturday, August 1, 2009

a little sad...

Just looked through my cousins wife's photos of her wedding and there was a picture of her with my grandma, who died about 2 years ago. Made me cry because she won't be there with us on our wedding day. She wasn't even here to see that Erin proposed. :o( Then it makes me think of my grandpa who is gone also. Erin didn't get to spend enough time with them! I took for granted thinking that they would always be around.
Which gets me thinking....what is a good way to remember them at the wedding? I want too. Neither has been gone for for very long. I have a little 'we remember' portion in our programs. I was also thinking of maybe doing candles...but that would mean more tables at the ceremony and it's on the deck and wind and candles scares me. :o) Maybe just the program note is enough....

2 comments:

Sweet Little Lovings said...

leave a chair open for them at the ceremony and put a rose on their chair :o)

Sara said...

That's a GREAT idea!

Post a Comment