Friday, April 3, 2009

Flowers

So, they don't have tulips in October...UGH! However, Heather was wonderful in coming up with other ideas for me. She could tell that I just didn't know which way to go after the tulips were a no. So she took over and used my ideas to came up with some great ideas. Sorry no pics...there aren't really any examples to show.

My Bouquet:
Deep pink roses accented by miniature yellow calla lilies. We were going to tie it off in white ribbon, but now I'm thinking blue (Tiffany blue) to act as my something blue. And you'll see why else as you keep reading.
Then Erin will have a miniature yellow calla lilly as his boutonniere. (we will be the only two with the lilies) the stem will be tied off in the Tiffany blue. (they guys are in brown suits with blue vest/ties)
The Girls Bouquets:
The same deep pink roses as mine paired with yellow roses tied off in Tiffany blue. (they will have something with blue on them...possibly...shhhhh) :o)
Then the men will have yellow rose boutonnieres tied off in the same Tiffany blue.
The parents:
White or pink roses with sheer or Tiffany blue ribbon. Men defiantly blue ribbon, mothers, depends on their outfits.

Now, the reception:
We will either do one of two things, maybe a combo...who knows, the price difference between each option is $20.
Option 1.
Cube/rectangle shape vase with a strip of Tiffany blue ribbon along the base with one single orange pearl as an accent. (Will look like a button holding the ribbon on) Then there will be deep pink and yellow roses in the vase.
Option 2.
Mini vases (almost like shot glasses or mine flutes) will hold 2 roses. (total of 3 vases, 6 roses a table)

I love it all. She was great! And I realized after lots of tears that the estimate was off by at least $400 because we came up with some random table number...I don't even know what we were thinking! 5 people a table!? Who knows. And, the cost isn't final, we can make changed and the cost can again go down more. So, we will see....will I do the work? Will we hire the florist? It all depend on what my parents decide. :o) I just need to take myself out of the mix right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment