Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's snowing! UGH!

Anyways, yes it's true, I went hunting for photographers through Craigslist last night. I may have found one. :o) We are not spending a lot on the ceremony/reception site and I just can't imagine spending as much on the photographer and flowers combined that I did on the site. Possibly more! I just can't. Plus, a lot of the photographers through The Knot and The Wedding Channel offer a lot of extras that I just don't want/need. Jen is going to take some photos in May...as our engagement photos and if I can convince my mom on the idea, a Trash the Dress session after our wedding. I don't need all the albums and photo books. They are nice, don't get me wrong, but not for me. After I order what I want, just give me the cd and I'll make my own album, thank you.
Maybe it's because growing up, my parents had two wedding pictures. One of them in the limo leaving and the two families combined. Then a little album of 3x5's. Granted that's probably all anyone did in 1980. Who knows.
So anyways, all these photographers and their prices are all these extras and 6 hours and 2-3 people. I don't feel I need that. I'm thinking 4 hours, they don't need to stay the whole reception. I don't need it. Just before, ceremony, after, and the dances at the reception. That's it, so I found a few photographers on Craigslist that will do that and I like the prices! Plus they take good pics and have nice websites. They are just more, I do this for fun, or I'm a mom and this is just part time, or I am just starting out. Who says I can't get good pics from them?! I think I can. We will see what comes from it. I only have received one reply so far, but I did this last night at 10 so I'm sure I'll get more as the day goes one.

Oh, and I go bday shopping in 2 days. :o) Shoes here I come! Oh yeah...clothes too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment