Saturday, March 21, 2009

recipe cards

So, I decided to get my recipes in order and make a recipe card box. I found a cute template on Microsoft Office today. (I love Office 2007! got to love my dad!) And have been transferring my recipes onto these cards! I've done about 20 so far....the ones I've had to type in. All my other ones are on my computer, so it's just copy and paste. Easy. Then I've just been printing them on card stock to make them sturdy. I've been cooking dinner a lot lately and have been remembering my old favorites. Even calling my mom a few times for her recipes. Time to get them on cards instead of post-it notes.
Now I'm venturing into some new ones...
We are going to try this one for dinner tonight, from Campbell's , they have a lot of good ones we want to try-- (I think I'll do the Creamy Mexican Fiesta style)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular, Healthy Request® or 25% Less Sodium)1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup water 6 flour tortilla (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir the soup, salsa, water, and tortillas in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir the beef mixture. Top with the cheese.

Creamy Mexican Fiesta: Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream with the soup.
Ranchero Style: Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas and shredded Mexican cheese blend instead of Cheddar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment