Wednesday, June 3, 2009

parents....

So there's a lot going on and it's made me think about how my relationship with my parents has changed. My mom bought me this pillow a long time ago and it says....

A Daughter
is just a little girl 
who grows up
to be a Friend

I think this is soooo true for moms and daughters. Right now I feel like I need to be my mom's friend. I want to be a rock for her. I wish I were in TX so I could at least give her a hug, maybe cook and clean to help her out. 

With my dad...I'm always going to be his little girl. Sure I've grown up, I'm getting married, I'm going to have my own kids, but I'm still his little girl. We might have more grown up conversations, but I don't need to be a rock for him. I still need him to hug me and be my protector.

Again, when picking out a Mother's Day card, we got my mom and Erin's mom 'from us' cards. Made me realize we are an 'us' now. I've always wanted to do that. But with my dad, I started looking for a card for him and I can't even think about getting a 'from us' card. He is my dad and I can't share yet. :o) 

Well that's my seriousness for the day. I'll try to update tomorrow after our tasting! I can't wait, but there's a lot going on tomorrow, so who knows.
Also, I've lost some weight this week and can fit into one of my smaller jeans, with ease. :oP I've been really working on counting my calories and sticking to it! 
And if anyone saw my picture on Twitter this morning...Lexi is officially scared of me today because I yelled at her big time! But I taped up the broken blinds for now. Ugh, it's just one of those days today and was one before 9:30! So, Erin said he will take me to the mall tonight. I love our mall dates in the middle of the week. :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment