Thursday, June 25, 2009

thrown together dinner

Our thrown together dinner. :o)

I wanted lasagna, but not enough noodles, and I wanted to save the meat for burgers this weekend. So I looked and I had ravioli, ricotta cheese, and spaghetti sauce. I figured I could figure something out that would resemble lasagna. So here is my version of a Ravioli Lasagna.

Ingredients

Frozen Ravioli (I used the square cheese and sausage kind)

Ricotta Cheese (I had a 15 oz container and I used 1/2 of it)

1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese

1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese

1 Egg

Spaghetti Sauce (about a 1/2 a jar; I use Barilli Tomato and Basil - it's our favorite)

Directions

I cooked 18 squares each of the two kinds of ravioli. While those were cooking I combined the egg, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese for my cheese mixture.

I then put a little of the sauce on the bottom of a greased 9x9 baking dish. Put one layer of the ravioli. (I used sausage on 1/2 and cheese on the other….Erin prefers meat/I prefer cheese lasagna) 

I then put a layer of the cheese mixture…about 1/4 cup. 

Then a layer of the spaghetti sauce…about 1 cup.

Then I put another layer of the ravioli, a layer of the cheese, a layer of the ravioli, and a layer of the sauce. (I skipped the sauce before the 3rd layer of ravioli because it was looking like there was too much.)

I baked it at 350 for 30 min uncovered. Then I added some mozzarella cheese and baked for an additional 10 min uncovered. Since the ravioli was already cooked it was more to heat everything through and melt the cheeses.

The dinner ended up being VERY good. Plus I made it in the morning and just kept it in the fridge. I let it sit out (covered) for about 15 min while the oven heated. By making it in the morning I only had the dinner dishes to wash tonight. I love an easy  clean up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment